to shareholders

It has come to our attention that a number of overseas firms have been contacting various individual shareholders in The Parkmead Group concerning a proposed offer for their shares which may be false. Requests are made to shareholders for them to provide certain personal information and shareholding proof in order to proceed.

If a firm is soliciting investments from private individuals in the UK it will need to be authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry out investment business. The FCA maintains a register of authorised firms:

If having checked the FCA web site you are in any doubt about what action you should take, the legitimacy of any such offer or the request for information, you should immediately seek your own independent financial advice from your stockbroker, solicitor, accountant or other appropriate independent financial adviser duly authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended) if you are resident in the United Kingdom or, if not, from another appropriately authorised independent financial adviser. You may also contact, if you so wish, the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.

FCA warning